Saturday, January 25, 2014

Wantable Makeup Subscription Box Review

There are a LOT of monthly subscription boxes around anymore. With all those options its hard to choose which is the best offer. I have tried the beauty box five, which is around $12 for 4-5 samples of beauty, hair care or skin care products.

One of the newer boxes Ive recently heard of is from Wantable.com.
Wantable.com offers 3 different boxes; makeup, accessories or intimates. I chose the makeup one, of course. You an get the subscription for $36 a month or a one time purchase for $40. Inside the box you get 4-5 full size premium makeup products hand picked to perfectly match your preference.

Before you order your box, the first step is to take a little quiz. In this quiz you choose your skin tone, category preference (you rate love, like or dislike different categories such as brows, blush, lash products, tools, etc.) then you go into preferences for each category; such as colors, textures and tones.
This allows the people who pack your boxes to choose exactly what products match your personal preference, and each box is personalized to you.

Once I placed my order for my box, I received a confirmation email. The very next day I got a shipment notification. The day after that I got my box in the mail! It literally only took 2 days.





I opened my box and first found a few cool little things. A sweet little note card that shared a great quote! A card telling you about their app. (you know its a great company when they have their own app!) And a paper with info about each product, as well as retail prices.

I was honestly so surprised by the products theyve included in my box! 5 full size products and one little sample. Right away I was like "this is a subscription box I would definitely buy every month!" Most of the companies I had never really heard of before. I think the only company I had heard of was Color Club, the nail polish.

This is the one product I was somewhat familiar with. Ive never actually used any products by Color Club though, so I was excited to try. This color is a really pretty soft greyish brown. Not a color I would normally choose for myself, but once I swatched it on my nail I really fell in love! Its such a soft beautiful color. Great for Autumn. This product retails for around $8.













Next was a sample from a company called Skiin. I had honestly never heard of this company. So the sample is a 'Instant Skin Tightener and Line Filler.' I thought, "well, I dont relaly need this, I dont have wrinkles. But Ill try it anyway." So I put it under and around my eyes. I literally did immediately feel it working. It almost felt like my skin went slightly numb, and I could tell it had tightened up. Im going to be giving this sample to my mom to see how she likes it, since she has more "aging" skin than I do.





So the next products is a lip treatment by another brand Im not familiar with, DEX New York. The box said lipstick, but technically its not really a lipstick, it has no color. Its just a moisturizing treatment with a bunch of vitamins and stuff. I did try it out, and it applies very smoothly and feels soft on my lips. You can wear it alone or under your favorite lipstick. I personally wore it alone and it has a slightly glossy finish, so you can totally get away with wearing it alone. This product retails for $25.





I think I may have heard of this brand, but it apparently didnt leave an impression because I cant really remember. But this is the product I was most excited about trying. I am a big fan of blush and bronzer, so this little duo from Somre was a great product for me to try! The colors are honestly perfect. The bronzer isnt to dark, and theyre not shimmery or glittery. Im not a big fan of having disco ball face..my skin is naturally pretty oily so I like to stay away from shimmery face products. The blush is also a really nice color. Its a great pinky shade and looks nice on my skin tone. This retails for $28.



Next was a felt-tip liquid liner in the color Espresso, a nice dark brown, from the company Be a Bombshell. (who once again, I havent heard of) I usually stick to blacks on my eyes, but its always nice to have a brown liner. So I was pleased with this product as well. I swatched it on my hand and it applies easily and is well pigmented. I could definitely see myself buying this in black as well. (and hello little Darla peeking in in the background :D) This retails for $14.





And the last product in the box was a blue mascara from Golden Rose. I honestly thought to myself, I will never use this. I have never owned a blue mascara, I probably will, and I cant see any situation where I would use a blue mascara. But I will keep it around for a little while and see if it will ever be of use. The one thing I can say though is that I like how the tube is clear so you can see the product inside. I feel like a lot of the time mascaras are like half empty in there, so its nice to be able to see a full tube of mascara. This product retails for around $11.





So the total price of the products if you were to purchase them would be around $86. Making this box a great deal at only $36! I will definitely be subscribing to this box!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lara, this is Lindsey from Wantable! Thanks so much for your review. We hope you enjoyed the Wantable experience!

    ReplyDelete